Thursday, December 22, 2005

I wonder why I enjoyed it so much,
Why I got such a big kick out of it.
Maybe it was the novelty of it.
Maybe it was because I knew I deserved it,
Or maybe it was the absolute absurdity of it.
There she was,
Enunciating every letter
To make sure her message came through loud and clear -
Through each of our closed car windows -
"ASS HOLE".
...Or maybe I just found her impotent rage so amusing.
I assume the purpose of her doing that
Was to lessen her anger
And invoke mine,
Well, one of them I know she didn't do
And the other I doubt she did.
Actually, I'm pretty sure
She accomplished the opposite
Of both of her goals.
So I opened my window,
And I thanked her.
I figured that was the least I could do
For a perfect stranger
Who so selflessly gave up of herself
Solely for my benefit.

8 comments:

Pragmatician said...

What in heaven did yiu do to that poor women? Good way to ract though.

Genendy said...

Thanks. I made a spontaneous u-turn and didn't really check so well in my mirror to see if someone was coming from in back of me. And it so happened that she was, and she almost slammed right into me.

David_on_the_Lake said...

You did what?? ASS HOLE!


j/k

Genendy said...

lol :)

Moochy said...

lol on the comments, and yes nice post,
I was in the car with my Grandpa , when the next ar showed him the finger, he rolled down his window, I aksed, Zaidy!! what are you doing?? he said, well, they guy just motioned to me that he has something to tell me.

Genendy said...

moochy - lol! that's too funny!

Bonnie B said...

Good for you. You can spoil many a frustrated soul with a little sticky honey.

Genendy said...

Bonnie - so true.